White Chicken Chili
My kids loved this chili tonight and get this; two of my three kids asked for it in their thermos cups for their lunches this week!! #momwin #kidapproved
Step-by-step instructions are saved in my story highlights!
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 can mild green chiles
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups of chicken bone broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¾ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- Tortilla strips or chips
- Avocado slices
- In your instant pot, combine all the ingredients except one can of chickpeas.
- Set on Manual setting, high pressure for 6 minutes.
- After it comes to pressure, remove the chicken and shred.
- Finally, add the remaining can of rinsed and drained chickpeas and ½-1 cup chicken broth to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding a little more water if necessary.
- Pour blended chickpeas into the soup pot. Add the shredded chicken and stir all together. Serve with tortilla chips and avocado.
To make in your crockpot, add all ingredients into your crockpot. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours, remove chicken and shred, then add back the chicken to the slow cooker and add blended chickpeas, stir to combine — season to taste.