Roasted Veggie & Chicken Sausage Penne Bowls
This recipe has so much flavor and variety in it! I love the @aidellssausage. The pineapple bacon flavor is my favorite right now.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into ½" pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 12 oz. Aidells® Chicken Sausage
- 6 oz. @jovialfoods Gluten Free Penne
- ¼ c. pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- On a line baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes, onions and olive oil until well coated. Sprinkle with the garlic salt and chipotle power. Give the vegetables another quick toss and place in the oven. Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Bring 3-4 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and drain well. Toss with the pesto and add ⅓ of the pasta to each bowl.
- Meanwhile, slice the sausage into rounds and sauté in a non-stick skillet for 8 minutes on medium heat, or until heated through. Add ⅓ of the sausage to each bowl. Add the asparagus to the skillet and season with salt to taste. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide all the cooked vegetables evenly among the bowls.