Gluten-Free Navajo Tacos
Ingredients for the dough:
- 1 ½ cups warm Water
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 package @bobsredmill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
- Yeast Packet (included)
For the toppings:
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed beef
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Shredded cheese (@violife_foods for dairy-free)
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream
For the :
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined. The dough will be very sticky; wetting hands lightly with water or oil will prevent sticking while working with the dough.
2. Leave the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
3. Wet hands and grab dough from the container, shape into scone size.
4. You can fry them in oil for 3-4 min on each side.
5. You can also use an air fryer, spray the pan and put it on 400 on the air fry setting for 5-6 min. (I am obsessed with my @ninjakitchen)
6. Top with your favorite toppings!!
For the taco topping:
Cook beef in skillet until browned. Drain fat. Combine beans, diced tomatoes, and taco seasoning to pan. Stir until combined.
Add on top of scones with your favorite taco toppings.