I wanted to get the recipe posted quickly since so many of you asked for it! I will add the step by step into my story highlights @cleanmondaymeals. I can’t wait for you to make it!!
Instant Pot Beef Roast & Homemade Onion Soup Mix
- 3 lbs. beef roast
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil * 2 c. beef broth
- 1 pkg onion soup mix or homemade onion soup mix (recipe below)
- 1 white or yellow onion, quartered
1. Sprinkle pot roast with salt and set aside.
2. Add 2 Tbsp. Olive oil to Instant Pot and set to “Sauté.”
3. When oil becomes hot and shimmery, add pot roast and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Add beef broth to Instant Pot.
5. Add onions and onion soup mix to the instant pot.
6. Place lid on the Instant pot with the steam valve closed.
7. Switch Instant Pot setting to “manual” and set for 60-80 minutes on “high” pressure (70 minutes seems to work ok, judge the time depending on the size of your roast)
8. Do a natural release for at least 10 minutes, then quick release.
9. Remove roast from the instant pot, slice, and serve with vegetables.
10. Use extra drippings from the instant pot to make gravy or au jus.
Homemade Onion Soup Mix
* 1/2 cup onion flakes
* 7 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1. Combine all ingredients and seal in an airtight container.
2. Store in the cupboard for up to 6 months.
3. Five tablespoons = 1 packet of soup mix