Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled carrots
- 2 cups broccoli floret
- (you can use frozen stir fry veggie mix)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and cook for approximately 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place them on a plate and cover.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and turn the heat to high.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pan in a single layer – you may need to do this step in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are warmed through.
- In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, honey, and soy sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and vegetables; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cornstarch and bring to a boil; cook for 1 more minute or until sauce has just started to thicken.
- Put on top of Rice or eat without rice.