Gluten-Free M&M Cookies
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup creamy peanut butter
* ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
* ¼ cup granulated sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* ¾ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
* ½ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ½ cup Mini M&M’s
1. Using a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, creamy peanut butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir together until combined using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
2. Once combined, add the oats and baking soda and mix well. Then add the M&Ms and mix well until combined. Dough will be thick and grainy from the sugar. The ingredients will combine more while chilling.
3. To chill the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to 4 days, before baking.
4. Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough on prepared baking sheet to form about two-tablespoon mounds. Place at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are set. It’s okay if slightly underbaked and glossy in the center. Do not overbake.
5. While baking, place the remaining dough back in the refrigerator until the previous batch is done. Repeat the process until all the dough is gone.
6. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for approximately 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.