Gluten-Free Granola Bars
If you are a visual learner, below is a simple video I made to show you my step-by-step process to make these yummy Gluten-Free Granola Bars.
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal
- 2 2/3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats (I use @bobsredmill)
- 2/3 cups ground flax seed
- 1/2 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips. If you love chocolate chips, add as much as you like. (My favorite brand is @enjoylifefoods for dairy-free)
- In a large bowl, combine your oats, crisped rice cereal, and ground flaxseed. Stir with a large spoon until well combined.
- Set aside.
- Measure out sugar, honey, coconut oil, and sea salt and place in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring it to a boil. Stirring the whole time, boil for exactly 1 minute, so mixture combines and sugars dissolve.
- Take pan off the heat and add in the crunchy peanut butter and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this peanut-buttery honey deliciousness over your oat/rice crispy mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Let this mixture sit for about 5-8 minutes. Meanwhile, Grab a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan-sized(mine is sized at 12½ x 17½ by 1 inch), and some parchment paper. Place cookie sheet on a large piece of parchment paper and trace around the outside of it.
- Cut it out and place this on the inside of your cookie sheet. It should fit perfectly. This will help later to keep the granola bars in one piece before cutting up.
- Next, pour out granola bar mixture onto cookie sheet. Press with a second cookie sheet, so it is flat. Then immediately spread your chocolate chips on the top and press again.
- Allow to cool. You can put it in your fridge or leave on counter to cool. Once the bars have cooled completely, slide solidified mixture out of your pan.
- Now take a knife and cut the bars into the size of your choosing. I cut 5 bars across and 7 bars down making 35 bars total.
- Or you could just use my favorite PAN and avoid cutting them altogether. I love The Granola Bar Pan. You will need two for this recipe. Use code CLEAN20 for 20% off.