Chicken Burrito Bowls
I can't believe how many people asked for this recipe! It's a good one for sure! Excited for you to try it. This recipe is quick, easy and calls for lots of ingredients you already have on hand!!
Hopefully this video helps visualize how easy it really is.
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken broth or bone broth
- 1 lb Boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Packet taco seasoning (I make a homemade one, recipe below)
- 15 oz Canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1 1/4 cup White rice
- Spray bottom of Instant Pot with cooking spray. (Crock pot instructions below)
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to the bottom of Instant Pot.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Add black beans and corn.
- Add salsa and rice. Add remaining 1 cup chicken broth.
- Press rice into the liquid to make sure it's fully submerged. Set value to sealing. Cook manual (high pressure)for 6 minutes.
- Allow pressure to naturally release for 12 minutes, then turn to quick release.
- Remove lid back on (with power off) for 5 minutes to allow rice to rest while you prepare the toppings.
- Slide rice to the side a bit to find chicken breasts and pull them out. Shred chicken. Put back into Instant Pot and combine all together.
- Top with favorite toppings.
For crock pot add all ingredients into crock pot except rice and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Cook rice separate and then combine at the end!
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper