You wouldn't think a taco and a sweet potato would work together as well as do. But they do!
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning (homemade recipe below 👇🏻) 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Toppings (optional):
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- diced tomato
- diced avocado or guacamole
- sour cream
- Start by preparing the sweet potatoes. Poke holes all over the sweet potatoes. Bake at 400 for 30-40 min. Until you can poke them and they are soft in the center.
- While potatoes are cooking. Brown ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about five more minutes until the mixture has thickened and heated. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency.
- Spoon the cooked taco meat over the sweet potatoes and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream.
Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe:
Makes 1 cup of mix, 2-3 tablespoons is one packet’s worth.
- 4 Tbsp chili powder
- 4 Tbsp ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp onion powder
- 4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Combine all ingredients and store them in the air-tight container.