For the zoodles:
* 3-4 medium zucchini
For the pesto sauce:
* 3 cups packed basil leaves
* 4 garlic cloves
* ¼ cup walnuts or pine nuts
* ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
* ½ teaspoon sea salt
* ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Or you can use a store-bought basil pesto sauce. There are some good healthy options out there. *
For the remaining Ingredients:
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or grass-fed butter/ghee)
* 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
* ½ bunch asparagus (about 12 stalks) cut into 1” pieces, tough ends removed
* ¼ cup pine nuts
1. Make your zucchini noodles.
2. Make the quick pesto! Add all of the pesto ingredients to food processor (or blender) and pulse until well combined. Set aside. Or get your store-bought Jar ready.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil has melted, add the chicken to the pan. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the asparagus starts to soften.
4. Turn down the pan’s heat to medium-low, and add the Zoodles to the pan. Stir well. Once the zoodles are warm, turn the heat off and add the pesto sauce and pine nuts to the pan. Stir until combined. Serve up and slurp up!
5. If you are prepping them for the week, don’t add the Zoodles to the pan. I don’t cook my Zoodles, or they will be soggy when you warm them up. So just add the pesto/chicken mixture to the Zoodles and put into containers for the week!