Cauliflower Mash Ingredients:
1 pound cauliflower florets
4 ounces sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 slices cooked bacon crumbled
2 tablespoons snipped chives
3 tablespoons butter (I use Kerrygold grass-fed butter )
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Cauliflower Mash Instructions:
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and add them to a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cover with cling film. Microwave for 5-8 minutes, depending on your microwave, until completely cooked and tender. Drain the excess water and let sit uncovered for a minute or two. (Alternately, steam your cauliflower the conventional way. You may need to squeeze a little water out of the cauliflower after cooking.)
3. Add the cauliflower to a food processor or blend tech and process until fluffy. Add the butter and sour cream and process until it resembles the consistency of mashed potatoes.
4. Remove the mashed cauliflower to a bowl and add most of the chives, saving some to add to the top later.
5. Add half of the cheddar cheese and mix by hand—season with salt and pepper.
6. Top the loaded cauliflower with the remaining cheese.
1.5 lbs lean ground turkey
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup gluten-free quick-cooking rolled oats
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Sprinkle some Parsley (optional)
2 Tbsp. tomato sauce, no sugar added
Turkey Meatball Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees
2. Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray; set aside
3. Combine turkey, salt, mustard, paprika, egg, oats, garlic, parsley, and tomato sauce in large bowl; mix well by hand
4. Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle