- 8 leaves lettuce (I used boston lettuce, but iceberg lettuce works too)
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 to 2 tbsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 lime cut into slices
* 1/3 cup mayonnaise
* 1 tsp Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
1. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
2. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tbsp of the Jamaican jerk seasoning over the chicken and toss, making sure each piece is generously seasoned. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for a few minutes. It will cook in about 5 to 7 minutes or so because pieces are fairly small. You can also bake them instead.
3. Make the sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise with a bit of Jamaican jerk seasoning.
4. To assemble the lettuce wraps, top each lettuce leaf with some of the coleslaw mix, chicken, green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and drizzle with a bit of the mayo sauce.
Jamaican Jerk Homemade Seasoning Ingredients:
* 1 tbsp onion powder
* 1 tbsp garlic powder
* 2 tsp cayenne pepper
* 2 tsp smoked paprika (regular paprika is fine)
* 1 tsp allspice ground
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp black pepper ground
* 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
* 1/2 tsp cumin ground
* 1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
* 1 tbsp brown sugar
* 1 tsp dried thyme
* 1 tbsp dried parsley