Gluten-Free Turkey Taco Boats
Check out my Instagram step by step highlight if you need help making this meal. I love this meal!
4 medium zucchinis, cut in half (length-wise)
1/2 cup mild salsa
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
4 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese (or skip if dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving the 1/4-inch thick shell on each half.
- Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking up while it cooks. when no longer pink, add the spices and mix well.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, salsa, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the taco meat equally, about 1/3 cup in each, pressing firmly.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini cooked.