Check out step by step in my story highlights.
This is a very simple but nutrient-dense meal that I love to use in my meal prep menus.
- 4 medium zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, minced
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese (or skip if dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving a 1/4-inch thick shell on each half.
- Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink, add the spices and mix well.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, salsa, tomato sauce, and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the taco meat equally, about 1/3 cup in each, pressing firmly.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through.
Find more meal prep ideas here