It does not matter if you meal prep or not; you have to make this meal for lunch or dinner!!
Trust me; your whole family will love these Spicy Pork Carnitas!
P.S. My new Cookbook is up for sale by itself!! Brand New recipes that I haven’t shared before, plus I’ve included macros and calories for you!
Spicy Pork Carnitas
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Juice from 2 limes (1/4 cup lime juice)
- 2 ancho chiles (poblano peppers), deseeded, ribs removed and sliced
Slow Cooker/Instant Pot Instructions:
- Rinse and dry the pork shoulder with a paper towel. Place the pork in the slow cooker or instant pot and add in the oil, oregano, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and brown sugar on the pork. Rub seasoning all over pork; top with the onion, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Add in the tomatoes and squeeze the lime juices over the pork. Mix everything until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours. The instant pot put on manual high for about 30 min.
- Once the meat is fork-tender and falling apart, remove from slow cooker/instant pot pull apart to shred.
- Place the carnitas (shredded meat) onto a baking tray, drizzle with sauce from the slow cooker/instant pot, add the ancho chiles (poblano peppers), and allow to grill/broil in a preheated oven on medium-high settings until golden and crispy.
- Top with shredded lettuce, lime, and avocado.