Did you grow up eating Rice-A-Roni? Yeah me neither. But Kevin and his family did and my kids are hooked. Since Kolbie was diagnosed with Celiac disease I have been trying to figure out a good gluten-free replacement so we could continue to enjoy it as a family. Finally, it’s here!
I saved the step by step in my story highlight bubbles for you as well I can’t wait for you to try it. Please tag me if you make it so I can see how it turned out!
- 1.5 cups Long grain rice
- 3 ounces Jovial Foods Spaghetti
- 5 tbsp Nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 3 cups water or bone broth
- Make the dry mixes
- In a medium size bowl place the rice and spaghetti or vermicelli and and mix to combine
- Set the bowl aside or place in a 4-cup glass or plastic container with a lid, then set it aside
- In a small bowl, place the rest of the dry mix ingredients and mix to combine well. Set the bowl aside
- To cook the dish, in a 12-inch skillet with a lid, place the butter, melt over medium heat. Add the rice and pasta mixture to the skillet and stir to coat. Cook, stirring frequently (about 3 minutes). Add the entire spice mixture, and mix to coat the grains evenly in the spices. Add the water and mix to combine. With the skillet still uncovered, bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the grains are tender. Allow to sit, covered, for 3 minutes before serving.