These muffins are even better than they look!
The perfect in-between meal snack, and they are also one
of my kid’s favorite after school snacks.
These muffins are light and fluffy but also
slightly more filling than you’d expect.
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup of organic pumpkin
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups @bobsredmill gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup @nestletollhouse simply delicious chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. 2. In a mixer, mix the eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and vanilla until combined.
- Add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice to the wet ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the tops of the muffins.
- Fill the muffin tins all the way full using 1/3 cup measuring cup. Add the reserved chocolate chips to the top of the unbaked muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.