Chicken Pea Pasta
- 4 cups Dry pasta (I use @jovialfoods for gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp Butter (Use @miyokoscreamery butter or coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 Thin Boneless Chicken breasts
- 3 cups Frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Chicken Rub is your choice
- 5 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion flakes
- 1 tsp dry Oregano
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 onion salt
- Start by cooking the pasta in some lightly salted water according to package instructions. Once cooked strain under cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken breasts on either side with the Chicken Rub and sauté with 2 tbsp of melted butter over medium heat. Flipping over a few times till cooked fully.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a cutting board and shred.
- Now add the frozen peas to a medium saucepan of boiling water, reduce heat and simmer the peas for roughly 5 minutes till cooked. Remove the peas, strain. Add the peas to a large bowl along with the cooled cooked pasta and shredded chicken.
- Toss in the spices, lemon juice and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Serve warm or cover and place in the fridge to serve cold later.