2 medium sweet potatoes
1 large yellow onion
2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. chipotle powder (or chili powder)
1 head broccoli
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ c. BBQ sauce (I used @stubbsbbqsauce)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into ½” chunks. Chop onion into 1-inch pieces and add to a lined sheet pan along with the sweet potatoes.
3. Toss the vegetables with 1 tbsp. Olive oil, garlic powder, and chipotle powder and toss until well combined. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
4. Toss the sweet potatoes and push to one side of the pan. Add the broccoli and toss with 1 tbsp. Olive oil. Add the chicken breasts and brush with ¼ c. BBQ sauce. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 400°F until the chicken is done.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and shred the chicken breasts, I use my @boschmixers to shred the chicken. Toss the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce. Add to bowls along with the roasted vegetables.
Recipe credit: http://www.thecreativebite.com/bbq-chicken-roasted-sweet-potato-bowls/