Chicken Cheesesteak Skillet
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (Divided)
- 1 Yellow onion (Halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 Red bell pepper (Thinly sliced)
- 1 Green bell pepper (Thinly sliced)
- 1 1/4 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts (Thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper (To taste)
- 1 cup Shredded provolone cheese
1. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add in the sliced peppers, onion, and plenty of salt and pepper. Sauté the vegetables until they are very tender and then remove them from the skillet and onto a plate.
2. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add the sliced chicken in along with the Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Move it around so that it's in a single layer and then let it cook without moving it for a couple minutes so that it browns.
3. Continue to sauté the meat until it's fully cooked then add the onions, peppers and any juices left on the plate back into the skillet. Stir everything together and top it with the shredded provolone cheese.
4. Cover the skillet with a lid until the cheese has melted and then serve.