1/2 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tbsp)
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
Chicken, veggies, and rice
3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
Ground black pepper
1 medium zucchini, diced into half-moons and quartered (1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 1/2 cups small diced broccoli florets
1 1/2 – 2 cups white or brown rice, cooked according to directions on the package
For the teriyaki sauce
1. In a small saucepan, whisk together low-sodium soy sauce, 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp of the water, the brown sugar, honey, garlic, ginger, and rice vinegar.
2. Bring mixture to a light boil over medium-high heat. Whisk together cornstarch with remaining 2 Tbsp water, then add to sauce mixture in saucepan. Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat, set aside.
For the chicken
1. Preheat oven to over 350 degrees.
2. Brush both sides of chicken with 1 1/2 Tbsp of the olive oil and season pepper.
3. Cook chicken until center registers 160F – 16F on a thermometer, about 20 min.
4. Remove and let rest 5 minutes, then dice into cubes.
For the veggies
1. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, broccoli, and carrots and saute 4 – 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
To assemble bowls
1. Layer rice into 4 bowls, then top each with 1/4 of the chicken and 1/4 of the veggies. Drizzle desired amount of teriyaki sauce over tops.