* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) mild Rotel tomatoes
* 1 can (10 oz) mild enchilada sauce (I used Old El Paso)
* ¼ tsp. garlic powder
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
* 4 cups cooked rice (brown or white)
* 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
* ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* ¾ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
* * Garnishes:
* Sour cream, avocado, cilantro
* ½ cup sour cream
1. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, enchilada sauce, garlic powder, paprika, salt, cumin, and chipotle pepper; mix well and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken to a plate and shred using two forks—return chicken to the slow cooker. Add cooked rice and beans and stir well. Sprinkle cheese evenly across the top and cover. Let heat for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Garnish sour cream, cilantro, and avocado, if desired. I also save some in a container for my kids and heat up tortillas, fill them with this mixture, and bake them or fry them in coconut oil for burritos.