Soda Can Smoked Chicken
- 1-2 5-6 lbs. whole chicken
- 4 tbsp butter per chicken
- 1 can soda of choice per chicken
- 3 tbsp your favorite chicken dry rub per chicken (I used a sweet barbecue rub)
- Remove the giblets and pat the chicken dry with a paper towels.
- Coat the entire chicken with softened butter.
- Apply the dry rub to chicken. Reserve about a tsp to add to the soda.
- Open a can of soda and pour about 1/2 a cup into a glass. Poor the remaining dry rub into the soda.
- Hold the chicken above the can of beer and slide the chicken over the can. Place on a cookie sheet and let set for about 20 minutes.
- Start your smoker. Set to the smoke setting and allow the fire to start for about five minutes. Set your smoker to 350 degrees and preheat, lid closed for about ten minutes.
- Place the chicken in the smoker and cook for about 60 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for about ten minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!!