Loaded Potato & Chicken Casserole
This is one of those meals that isn’t the fanciest but is loaded with nutrients and reminds you of some good home cooking. Add this to your meal prep rotation and thank me later.
Ingredients (4-5 servings):
- 1 to 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into 1″ cubes
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 lb gold potatoes, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/2 white onion, sliced then roughly chopped
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, quartered
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp compliant hot sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix the sauce ingredients until well combined.
- Add the potatoes and white onion to the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish. Drizzle with about 1/2 of your sauce, stir to combine, then transfer to the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a pan and set aside.
- Using the rendered bacon fat, brown the chicken cubes over medium-high heat (don’t worry about cooking it through). Add the browned chicken to the large bowl with the remaining sauce. Add the broccoli and garlic.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, pour the chicken and broccoli mixture over the top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is lightly browned and chicken is cooked through.
- Top the casserole with crumbled bacon.
For more Gluten-Free Casserole ideas CLICK HERE!