Black Bean Casserole
- Black beans (30 oz Cans, drained)
- 2 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove Garlic (Minced)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Fresh cilantro (Chopped)
- 6 Almond flour tortillas (I use @sietefoods brand)
- 12 oz Salsa
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (Use Violife for dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Drain beans, and set aside. In the meantime, in a medium skillet, add oil; heat over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add black beans and broth, and continue cooking for approximately 3 minutes. Add cumin, black pepper, salt, and cilantro; stir to combine.
- Spray the bottom of an 8x8-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Add a tortilla, 1/4 black bean mixture, 1/4 salsa, and 1/4 cheese; continue layering until all ingredients have been used. Top casserole with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover casserole dish with foil, and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Remove foil, and continue cooking 8–10 minutes. Remove from oven.
Step by step video
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device