Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups (cooked) shredded chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa, no sugar added (optional Verde sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Style Cheese, reduced-fat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 2 cups chicken broth, fat-free
- 1 (4-ounce) can of diced green chiles
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream, reduced-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (6-inch) supersized corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Combine shredded chicken breast with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, and salsa. Evenly distribute chicken mixture over center of tortillas, roll and place seam side down in a 9 x 13-inch casserole pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and sprinkle in flour. Cook for 1 minute while stirring continuously. Slowly pour in chicken broth. Stir until mixture starts to thicken, about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 cup cheese, green chiles, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour white sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, and bake 25 minutes.