I make my own Cream of Chicken vs. using store-bought. It is very simple to make, and you probably have all the ingredients on hand. This took me roughly 10-15 minutes, and waiting for it to boil took most of the time.
Also, depending on what I am using the soup mix for I sometimes are my ranch seasoning into it as well for extra yummy flavor!
Click here to watch the step-by-step video
- 1 tablespoon butter (Use @miyokoscreamery for dairy-free)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups milk, divided (Use coconut milk for dairy-free)
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the flour, seasonings, and the rest of the milk into the saucepan with the broth mixture. Whisk and stir constantly. Let simmer until the mixture is smooth and thick—around 10 minutes.
- Use immediately in a recipe as needed, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
NOTE: This recipe is equivalent to 2 cans of Cream of Chicken SoupEnjoy!