2 medium pieces boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into strips or chunks.
2 tablespoons cooking oil
5-6 medium zucchini, cut into noodles using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler
1 cup chopped pineapple chunks
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce Or coconut aminos
2-3 tablespoons honey or coconut sugar
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water, plus more as needed to thin out the sauce.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.
2. In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over the chicken. Allow marinating for 30 minutes.
3. Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over the medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly brown, about 1-2 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks and cook for another 1 minute, until slightly softened. Pour in the remainder of the sauce and turn the heat to high. Allow sauce to bubble and thicken while stirring – about 1-2 minutes – add more water a little at a time (only as needed if the sauce is too thick). Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and red chili flakes.
4. *If cooking the zucchini noodles, add into the pan and use tongs to toss and coat with sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until zucchini is just tender but still firm. Be careful not to overcook.
5. Remove from heat and drizzle extra sauce in a pan over chicken and serve immediately. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
6. For meal prep: Divide evenly into lunch containers. If I make this for meal prep, I add Pineapple the day I am eating it.