Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped bell peppers any color
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 cup long grain white rice rinsed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (Use @violife_foods for dairy-free)
- In a large skillet, brown Italian sausage. Add peppers and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add salsa, salt and pepper.
- Rinse rice well under cold water and add to the skillet.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat slightly, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.