I’ve been asked to post this recipe so many times since I made it on Sunday.
I was only holding back because the pictures I got the night I made it didn’t do it justice, but that’s never held me back before, so I decided to share with you even without a great picture of how freaking delicious it was!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Rolls
For the Dough:
1/4 cup unsalted butter (@miyokoscreamery butter for dairy-free)
1/2 cup Sugar
2-1/4 tsp Yeast Packet (from the package)
1 cup water (warm)
3-1/4 cup Gluten-Free Pizza Crust @bobsredmill
White Rice Flour or Organic White Rice Flour (as needed for dusting)
For the filling:
1/4 cup softened butter (I use @miyokoscreamery for dairy-free)
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/4 cups frozen raspberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the sugar to the warm water.
- Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of the water and let sit 5 minutes.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend them in thoroughly.
- Add the yeast mixture to the butter/egg mixture and blend.
- Add in the pizza crust mix; blend two minutes.
- Heavily dust a 2-foot long sheet of wax paper with rice flour — spread batter over the length of the wax paper, about 19 inches.
- Using warm water, wet your hands, and press the dough outward to fill the sheet. Keep your hands wet.
- Once the batter evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted butter over the batter from edge to edge.
- Sprinkle dough with 1/4 cup brown sugar. In a medium bowl, carefully stir together the frozen raspberries, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Sprinkle raspberry mixture over the dough.
- Cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch pieces and gently place the disks into the 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 13 inch greased pan. It is okay to crowd them.
- Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool until the butter stops bubbling, then flip out onto a plate.
Frost and enjoy it!
Want to see more Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls?