Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap
- 1 lb chicken tenders trimmed*
- 6 slices bacon
- Salt (To taste)
- 1 large egg (Beaten)
- 1/3 cup gf flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup gf panko bread crumbs
- 1 Avocado, Sliced (Optional)
- 1-2 large fresh tomato
- 3-4 slices Swiss cheese (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups spinach or Romain lettuce
- 3 wraps burrito sized (For gluten-free use the Mission or Siete Foods brand)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Small pinch salt
- Cook Bacon & Preheat Oven or Air Fryer: Cook bacon pieces on low-medium heat until crispy on both sides & fat is rendered. Drain on double lined paper towel. This should take about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 if using. Or preheat air fryer to 400 when ready to use.
- Prep Ingredients: Slice tomato & avocado. Roughly chop or crumble cooked bacon. Make the honey mustard. In a small jar or bowl whisk together all ingredients. Add ingredients to taste. If you like it sweeter, add more honey. Want a bit more kick? Add more Dijon.
- Bread & Cook Chicken Tenders: Bread the trimmed chicken tenders. Use three separate dishes. In one shallow dish add all-purpose flour with black pepper & garlic powder. Whisk lightly until combined. In another shallow dish add beaten egg. And in the final shallow dish, add panko bread crumbs.
- Trim the chicken tenders & pat try. Salt them. Next, toss them in flour to coat. Coat floured chicken tender in egg. Let excess drip off. Finally, toss and coat in the panko bread crumbs. Bread each chicken tender and set aside.
- Oven Method: Add chicken tenders to on parchment lined baking sheet & bake 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Air Fry Method: Add chicken tenders to air fryer. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through & golden brown. I like to spray air fryer with avocado oil spray first. Make sure there is not too much overlap so that they stay super crispy.
- Assemble Wrap: In the center of the wrap spread lots of honey mustard. Next, a few small handfuls of spinach. Scatter the tomato slices & avocado. Slice the chicken or cut into chunks and scatter that as well. Keeping everything mostly in the bottom 3/4 of the wrap. Add your Swiss pieces. Fold the sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll forward, tucking the filling in as you roll. Slice in half. Enjoy!