Green Bean Casserole with Bacon and Parmesan
- 1 lb Green beans (Washed and trimmed)
- 1 tbsp Butter (Use @myiokos for dairy-free option)
- 1/2 cup Cooked crispy bacon
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth (@Kettleandfire)
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream (Coconut milk or dairy-free whipping cream)
- 6 clove Garlic (Large sized, finely chopped or minced)
- 1 tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (Use Violife for dairy-free)
1. To make the green beans casserole: Pre-heat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Over medium-low heat, melt the butter in a large 10-inch ovenproof skillet. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until the garlic is fragrant (make sure not to burn the garlic).
2. Add the chicken broth and simmer for 3 minutes, then add the cream. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mixture is thickened – about 5 minutes or maybe more if you prefer a thicker sauce. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
3. Remove the cream sauce from the heat and add the green beans. Give it a nice stir, combining the sauce and beans. Bake the green bean casserole until bubbly, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with Parmesan and bacon. Toss to combine and transfer to a serving plate or bowl, then serve the green bean casserole with bacon and Parmesan immediately, or reheat as desired. Enjoy!
Note: For extra tender green beans, cook green beans in the microwave with 1 cup of water before baking.