Tex Mex Chicken
- 1.5 lbs. boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium bell peppers – different colors, diced
- 1 cup organic corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 14 oz black beans, or kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, peppers, and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add zucchini, corn, black beans, and cook while stirring for a few more minutes.
- Move veggie mixture to a side of the skillet and add chicken.
- Sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, a pinch of sea salt, and black pepper.
- Cook until no longer pink on the inside and golden brown, about 5 -7 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done, stir well to combine.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese, then cover and cook on low heat for a couple of minutes until cheese is melty.