Gluten-Free M&M Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup gluten-free old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Mini M&M’s
- Using a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, creamy peanut butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir together until combined using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Once combined, add the oats and baking soda and mix well. Then add the M&M's and mix well until combined. Dough will be thick and grainy from the sugar. The ingredients will combine more while chilling.
- To chill the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to 4 days, before baking.
- Once chilled, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough on prepared baking sheet to form about two-tablespoon mounds. Place at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are set. It’s okay if slightly underbaked and glossy in the center. Do not overbake.
- While baking, place the remaining dough back in the refrigerator until the previous batch is done. Repeat the process until all the dough is gone.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for approximately 10 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.