My kids ask for these copy cat Chick-fil-A nuggets weekly! It doesn’t get better than being able to make delicious Gluten-free nuggets!! Have you tried them yet? I made extra this time around to send with the kids in their school lunches.
Gluten-Free Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Serves 6 (depending on how much your kids like nuggets 😉) Ingredients:
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and egg together.
- Place chicken on counter and cut into cubed bite-size pieces; trim any fat that you may see.
- Put the chicken in the milk mixture and mix so that all is coated and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper, and chili powder and stir together.
- In a large pan or pot pour in oil so that its at least an inch deep on med/high heat
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and place about 8 pieces at a time into the flour mixture, making sure all the chicken is coated with the flour and then put into the hot oil.
- Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown; I use my meat thermometer to check my chicken because I am weird about uncooked chicken.
- Place the chicken on some paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
- Repeat the same steps with the rest of the chicken.
Copy Cat Chick-Fil-A Sauce Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use @primalkitchenfoods)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Barbecue Sauce (I use @stubbsbbqsauce)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl
- Enjoy with nuggets and fries