French Toast Casserole
- 1 Gluten-free bread (16 oz loaf, chopped into 1" cubes)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and grease and 8×8″ baking pan.
- Add the bread cubes to a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract, whisking well to combine. Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and toss with a rubber spatula, making sure that the bread cubes are thoroughly coated with the egg mixture. Pour the bread mixture into the baking dish and set aside.
- Using a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Drizzle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the casserole.
- Transfer the casserole to the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and the casserole is firm.
- Serve with maple syrup and fruit of choice.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device