Corn & Zucchini Chowder
- 1 Tbsp. Grass fed butter
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled + chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced into ½-inch cubes
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- 1 cup half and half for dairy free use coconut milk cream
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until bacon is done.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, garlic, and thyme; cook until vegetables begin to soften, stirring couple times, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, and water. Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a simmer, then lower the heat back to medium and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are halfway cooked.
- Add zucchini and corn; season with salt and pepper, to taste, and simmer for additional 8-12 minutes or until the vegetables are completely tender.
- Transfer 2 cups of chowder to a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Stir the mixture back into the pot. Add half and half and cook just until heated through. Taste for salt and pepper.