1 cup uncooked Brown Rice
For the seasoning:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
For the chicken fajita:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
3 bell peppers seeds removed, cored, and sliced into ¼- thick strips
1 medium onion thinly sliced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
a dollop of sour cream
fresh cilantro finely chopped
1. Cook the rice according to package instructions. It should take around 35/40 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F). Lightly spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Prepare the seasoning by stirring all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
4. Chicken Fajita: Spread the peppers and onion on a baking sheet, top with the chicken strips, then sprinkle with seasoning, and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Toss until everything is coated and spread in an even layer, then bake in the preheated oven, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are cooked and the chicken is golden brown (about 20 minutes).
6. Assemble the bowls: divide the rice evenly between 4 serving bowls, add the chicken fajita and the toppings you prefer.
7. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, chopped cilantro, and serve.