Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 9 oz egg tagliatelle gluten free pasta or regular linguine pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter (Use @miyokoscreamery for dairy-free option)
- 2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (use silk brand dairy-free whipping cream or coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (Use @violife_foods for dairy free)
- 2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped, to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 Tbsp salt. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water then drain, cover, and keep warm.
- Beat the chicken breasts so that they are even in thickness and season all over with 1½ Tbsp Cajun seasoning.
- In a large non-reactive skillet*, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and sear on both sides. Turn heat down to low and sauté until cooked through and 165 degrees. Transfer to a cutting board, slice into thin strips, and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, sauté the butter and garlic for 30-60 seconds or until the garlic is fragrant. Add the diced tomatoes and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add in the heavy whipping cream, remaining Cajun seasoning, and parmesan cheese, and bring to a simmer. Season to taste if needed.
- Add the sliced chicken and cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until combined and pasta and chicken are warmed through. Add warm reserved pasta water if desired to thin the sauce. Serve with freshly grated parmesan and chopped parsley.