Apple Harvest Mason Jar Salad
Ingredients: Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For the Salads:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or other greens of choice)
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples, diced
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 4 (quart-size) mason jars
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup until completely combined.
- Place a few tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
- Place diced apple in a small bowl and squeeze lemon over the bowl. Toss apple in lemon juice to coat (this will prevent browning). Totally optional.
- Divide salad ingredients among the jars, layering in the following: chicken, apple, cranberries, cheese, pecans. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate up to 3 or 4 days.
- When ready to serve, empty containers of the jar onto a large plate or bowl – the dressing will be on top!
- Toss to coat and eat when desired!