Almond Butter Blueberry Waffles
Yep, you are reading this correctly. Almond Butter Blueberry Waffles really are as delicious as they sound!! Do not take my word for it. You have to try these out for yourself!
- 2/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup almond milk ( I used vanilla)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, eggs, banana, almond extract, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk until well combined and make sure there aren’t any large lumps.
- Stir in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix until well combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into waffle iron and cook until steam stops and waffles are golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Repeat with the remaining batter. Recipe makes about 3 Belgian waffles, depending on waffle iron size.
- Top with favorite toppings! I used @reddiwip Almond Milk whipped cream and extra blueberries!