Delicious gluten-free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for the win!! I can’t wait for you to try them out!
Make sure you follow step 8. A lot was happening when I made this today and didn’t push them together when they were still warm, so they are a little flat. I debated posting because they don’t look as amazing as they taste, but trust me, they are the real deal! I won’t ever wait for the “perfect” picture to share a good recipe.
1 cup butter, softened (use @miyokoscreamery for dairy-free option)
1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups @cup4cup gluten-free flour (use all-purpose flour if not gluten-free)
1 cup @bobsredmill gluten-free old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips (use @enjoylifefoods for dairy-free)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut butter into tablespoons and place into mixing bowl.
3. Mix butter and sugars until smooth, using medium speed on mixer.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
5. Add all dry ingredients, including chocolate chips to the bowl.
6. Pulse the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix just until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated. I scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once during this process to ensure the chocolate chips are evenly distributed through the dough.
7. Scoop the cookies onto a sheet of parchment or lightly greased cookie sheet, 6-8 cookies per pan. With the palm of your hand, give each cookie a light press to flatten cookie a bit.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until cookies is lightly golden on top. When the cookies are removed from the oven, use a small spatula to push edges in to form the cookie into a round shape if the cookie spreads while baking. This step must be done while the cookie is still hot out of the oven.