Gluten & Dairy Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
These muffins are even better than they look!
2 large eggs
3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup of organic pumpkin
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cups @bobsredmill gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup @nestletollhouse simply delicious chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 425°. 2. In a mixer, mix the eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce and vanilla until combined.
3. Add the gluten free flower, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice to the wet ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
4. Add the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the tops of the muffins.
5. Fill the muffin tins all the way full using 1/3 cup measuring cup. Add the reserved chocolate chips to the top of the unbaked muffins.
6. Bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Store muffins in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.