1.5 lbs. boneless & skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 medium bell peppers – different colors, diced
1 cup organic corn, frozen or fresh
2 medium zucchini, diced
14 oz black beans, or kidney beans drained & rinsed
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup shredded cheese of choice (optional)
* Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
* Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
* Add zucchini, corn, black beans and cook while stirring for a few more minutes.
* Move veggie mixture to a side of the skillet and add chicken.
* Sprinkle with cumin, chili powder, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
* Cook until no longer pink in the inside and golden brown, about 5 -7 minutes.
* Once the chicken is cooked through, stir well to combine.
* Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese, then cover and cook on low heat for a couple of minutes until cheese is melty.