Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats
Turkey Taco Zucchini Boats Ingredients:
4 medium zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 cup mild salsa
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 small onion, minced
4 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Using a small spoon or melon baller, hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving the 1/4-inch thick shell on each half.
3. Chop the scooped out the flesh of the zucchini in small pieces and set aside 3/4 of a cup to add to the taco filling, (squeeze excess water with a paper towel) discarding the rest or save to use in another recipe.
4. Drop zucchini halves in boiling water and cook 1 minute. Remove from water.
5. Brown turkey in a large skillet, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well.
6. Add the onion, reserved zucchini, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 5 min.
7. Using a spoon, fill the hollowed zucchini boats dividing the taco meat equally, about 1/3 cup in each, pressing firmly.
8. Top each with one tablespoon of shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake 10 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini is cooked through.
9. Stuff your face!!