Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
Okay, Friends, I have been asked for this recipe countless times! I am so grateful for @wholesisters coming up with such an incredible Dairy Free Ranch Dressing! If you aren’t following them yet, do it now! They are one of the best follows!! I know you will enjoy this recipe as much as I do! 😘
Dairy Free Dump Ranch
1 cup "light" olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk, stirred
1 handful fresh herb of choice or 3 tablespoons dried parsley
Blend with an immersion blender in a wide mouth mason jar for approximately one minute! Don't start incorporating herbs until the last 15 seconds or it will turn your ranch green. Store in the fridge up to one week, if you still have any left!
- Three tablespoons dried parsley may be used in place of fresh herbs, really any dried herbs you like will work.
- If using fresh, we grab a large handful. Our favorites are cilantro, parsley, and dill.
- Start with the immersion blender at the bottom of your jar working your way up to the top, don't start moving your blender upwards until you see it thickening up.
- We get this question all the time, what do I do if my ranch is too thin? Well, there may be a couple of reasons why. First, did you use full fat "canned" coconut milk? This plays a big factor in how much it thickens up. If you want a dip like consistency using only the solid cream, but for those that like a runnier dressing use more liquid. Sometimes just being in the fridge a few hours will thicken it right up.
- Make sure you're using an immersion blender for guaranteed success, a regular blender will make it tricky to emulsify it all correctly.
- Use a small container; we like using a mason jar or salad dressing container.
- HERE IS THE TRICK TO SAVING YOUR DUMP RANCH if your ranch never thickens it probably didn't emulsifying properly, just add another egg! Yep, that's all it takes to quickly save all those ingredients.