Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
* 2 cups (cooked) shredded chicken breast
* 1 teaspoon cumin, divided
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1/2 cup salsa, no sugar added (optional Verde sauce)
* 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Style Cheese, reduced-fat
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
* 2 cups chicken broth, fat-free
* 1 (4-ounce) can of diced green chiles
* 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream, reduced-fat
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 8 (6-inch) super size corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine shredded chicken breast with, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, and salsa. Evenly distribute chicken mixture over center of tortillas, roll and place seam side down in a 9 x 13-inch casserole pan. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat and sprinkle in flour. Cook for 1 minute while stirring continuously. Slowly pour in chicken broth. Stir until mixture starts to thicken, about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 cup cheese, green chiles, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour white sauce over enchiladas, sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese and bake 25 minutes.