Apple Harvest Mason Jar Salad
Ingredients: Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For the Salads:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce (or other greens of choice)
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples, diced
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 4 (quart-size) mason jars
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup until completely combined.
Place a few tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
Place diced apple in a small bowl and squeeze lemon over the bowl. Toss apple in lemon juice to coat (this will prevent browning). Totally optional.
Divide salad ingredients among the jars, layering in the following: chicken, apple, cranberries, cheese, pecans. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate up to 3 or 4 days.
When ready to serve, empty containers of the jar onto a large plate or bowl – the dressing will be on top!
Toss to coat and eat when desired!