* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 pound ground turkey * 4 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
* 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
* 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
* 2 (15 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
1. Place oil in a large pot and place over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Next, add ground turkey and break up the meat; cook until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
2. Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans, and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with anything you'd like.
3. Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
To make this recipe in the slow cooker: Reduce the chicken broth to 1/2 cup and brown the turkey and onions before adding to the slow cooker.