Balsamic Chicken Bowls
* 6 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
* 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing (fat free is great)
* 1.25 pounds chicken tenders (or breasts)
* 2 heads broccoli
* 1 cup baby carrots
* 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large tray with nonstick spray (line with parchment paper if you tray isn't already nonstick or the balsamic + Italian mixture will stick to it) and set aside.
2. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
3. Trim the tenderloins of fat and undesired parts. Alternatively cut the breasts into small 1/4th-1/2th inch thick pieces.
4. Place 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture in a large bag and add the chicken tenders. Coat and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Slice the baby carrots in half.
6. Place broccoli + carrots on the prepared tray with the cherry tomatoes (like your tomatoes LESS roasted? Toss in after 5-10 minutes of the broccoli and carrots being cooked. Otherwise they are ultra tender!), Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder, and add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
7. Roast the veggies for 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray and place the chicken tenders in the center. Brush 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture over the chicken.
9. Return to the oven and cook for another 7-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken.